Welcome to the Stagi Imagery blog! My name is Mark Stagi and I am the owner and one of the photographers for Stagi Imagery. I started this business over 10 years ago to create fresh and creative wedding and portrait photography. Over the past 10 years our business has grown to now include a few other photographers and many wonderful clients that we serve. We have been creating award winning images in the Bay Area and beyond and are available to travel worldwide. It has been a huge blessing for me to be a part of such wonderful events in my clients lives and I will share some of the fun moments through my blog.
We will share many photos of events and other fun stuff that we are up to in the studio. I will also share a little about myself so you can get a little peek into the always unpredictable life of a wedding photographer and business owner. Our blog is updated often so check back later! To see more of our wedding and portrait photography just go to our website at: http://www.wedclix.com. You can also subscribe to our RSS feed here: feed://wedclix.com/blog/?feed=rss2 or drop us a comment here
Thanks for stopping by.
I am super excited to announce the release of my Learning Pixelmator book! Pixelmator is a great app for the Mac (sorry all PC’s) that gives you some pretty robust functionality similar to Photoshop but at a fraction of the price. It has a very clean design, performance is great and it’s really a must have app if you need something to edit your photos.
Learning Pixelmator is great for photographers of any level who are looking to learn to take advantage of Pixelmator to edit images. Without any prior knowledge of image editing software needed, we will start with the basics and move onto more advanced image editing techniques. No matter what your current artistic level is, this book will give you the power to unleash the artist within!
You can get the book now at Amazon here:
A few quick highlights on what you will learn from this book
I am very excited to see this book launch! My little baby that i’ve been working on hard for the past year is finally here and I hope that this is a great resource for many of you. You can check our more information online here: Learning Pixelmator Book
Get the book now at Amazon here:
This year has flown by and I can’t believe it’s almost the end of the year. This time is always a good time for me to reflect on the year and also see what changes we need to make to our pricing for the upcoming year. This year we have simplified our wedding commissions to offer one all inclusive pricing for weddings. Check it out with the PDF attached, if you are looking to book us for your upcoming wedding in 2013 we only take on limited commissions so contact us soon!
5 Amazing Proposal Videos
People put videos of just about everything on the Internet these days, and while most of it is for entertainment purposes, some of it can be helpful as well. For example, it is now somewhat common for people to put personal things like proposal videos online, and if you are looking for a creative way to pop the question you might want to study some of these! Here are five great examples of fun engagement videos online, as noted by stylist.co.uk:
- Disneyland – Proposing in a meaningful location is always nice, and in this couple’s case Disneyland was the perfect option, as it was where they met. However, the proposal involved a lot more than simply the location. This young man puts on quite a show as he stages a fun and romantic performance on Disneyland’s Main Street, all with the help of park performers.
- 6 Years In The Making – This young couple had a confident but adorable plan to travel the world together while spelling out the message “we always knew” by holding up letters in pictures. The project spanned six years, but its final step was more than the young woman could have anticipated, as the final “w” turns into a proposal she doesn’t see coming.
- Metro Station, “Shake It” – Another boyfriend with a taste for theatrics, this man involves what seems like half of a city in his proposal. Set to Metro Station’s popular song “Shake It,” this elaborate song and dance makes for a very exciting proposal, as well as a fantastic video.
- Weather Report – This proposal has actually been duplicated since the original, but it’s still a great one to watch if you’re looking for creative engagements. Basically, an unsuspecting weather girl’s boyfriend surprises her on live TV by sabotaging her weather report with a proposal. She seems to appreciate it.
- Bruno Mars, “Marry You” – Arguably the most elaborate proposal ever filmed, at least to anyone’s knowledge, this incredible performance involves a lip-synced version of the Bruno Mars song “Marry You.” The bride-to-be is treated to a real life music video with friends and family dancing through the streets, all leading up to a very romantic proposal.
As these incredible filmed proposals demonstrate, we are living in a time that allows an amazing amount of creativity with regard to celebrations and major events. People are doing all kinds of new, fun things for proposals these days, whether it means customizing their own engagement rings at http://www.77diamonds.com/engagement-rings.htm, planning and filming elaborate engagement videos like the ones described above, or frankly whatever else anyone can think of. With this in mind, if you are planning your own proposal or wedding, don’t be afraid to try something non-traditional. You might have an incredible idea on your hands!